Archive for January, 2009
There’s a silly meme going about on Facebook in which you write 25 random things about yourself and then tag others to do the same. I had a hard time with it, for some reason. Anyway, why limit this to Facebook? Here is my list of 25 random things about me:
1. I love toast, peanut butter, cheese and chocolate
2. I love my bed
3. I love birthdays, especially my own
4. I love my feet
5. I love daisies, dahlias and daffodils
6. Sometimes I flippantly use the word ‘love’ to describe my feelings for things
7. I never flippantly use the word ‘love’ to describe how I feel about people
8. I always choose family over friends, and friends over anything else
9. I have never broken a bone *knock on wood*
10. I never did like school, but it sure did good things for my social and professional life.
11. I’m what you call a ‘reader’, but almost all of my reading is done while I eat breakfast, in the bathroom and after going to bed but before turning out the light
12. I have an irrational terror of some creepy crawlies – an entire species, actually.
13. I sleep with a teddy bear. That’s not a euphemism. It’s a real teddy bear.
14. I am a dog and a cat and a baby person
15. I don’t have any pets or kids, and don’t have any plans to change that
16. I am both a morning and a night person
17. I don’t dance nearly as much as I’d like to
18. I’m still not sure what I want to do when I grow up
19. Most of my anxieties come from malfunctioning computers, cars and bank accts. Also, see # 12. And sometimes #18.
20. My middle name comes from the Air Force base where my father was stranded the day I was born
21. I do not name inanimate objects.
22. I struggle daily against my packrat tendencies.
23. My first concert was Huey Lewis and the News, in 1986 at the county fair
24. I’ve been to Ireland twice (1988, 1993), Canada (2002) and Mexico (2008). I need to get out of the country more often.
25. At 36, I still take my laundry home to my parents’ when I visit. Hey, free is free.
I think 2009 is going to be all about getting rid of the old, the dragging down, the burnt out and the holding back.
As of Jan 2, I cut off most of that hair I’ve been carrying around for years now:
I’m having a hard time figuring what to do with it now. Putting product in and trying to keep it under some sort of control seem to be key. But I love the lack of weight and the decrease in maintenance time and effort. Most of all, I love that it kind of feels like I cut off the bad parts of 2008 and they can’t weigh me down any more.
As you can see between the two photos, I’ve also lost a bit of weight. Ditto the sentiments above and apply to pounds misplaced and, well, yay for that!
And this week, I started going through my closets (see the walk-in and the bedroom). I have found many things I didn’t know I had, like an apple corer/peeler, Apples to Apples (still in the plastic!) and a couple of purses. I pulled everything out into the living room (photos still on my camera) and am now sorting through everything, being very careful about what gets put back into the closets and what is going away.
My motivation? I can hardly move through my living room right now and I’d like to have a Game Night ™ soon, maybe by the end of the month. So the crap needs to be cleaned up and organized or gone before then, and no stuffing things into the closet at the last minute as guests are arriving. You know, like before the last party.
There’s more to say, but I’m not feeling particularly articulate at the moment. Later alligators!