At a loss as to what to write here, I've left it blank for a while. What
would you like to know?
(almost) 100 things
('cause everyone else is doing it, why not me?)
- I like my feet, my smile, and my nose.
- when I was 3? 4?, I ran into a door and got a black eye.
- the bruise travelled over my nose and at one time I had two black eyes
at the same time. Social services came to talk to my mom, but really, I just
ran into the door. I've always been clumsy. One of these days, I'll tell you
about sliding on my ass on the pavement, chipping my sister's tooth, and stapling
- In my head, I refer to myself as 'Grace.'
- I've worn glasses since soon after that, although not because of that.
I can make my left eye turn inward while my right eye looks straight ahead.
It kind of freaks me out.
- I've colored my hair twice in my life.
- I prefer my own hair color.
- I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
- I'm a firm believer in people taking responsibility for themselves and
their actions. Children are, with few exceptions, the only victims.
- I don't get nearly enough sleep.
- I'm an introvert, but you'd only know that about 50% of the time.
- After years of trying to tan, I've realized that I'm congenitally white
and I don't want skin cancer. I'm whiter than ever now. I'm ok with this.
- I've been to Ireland twice and Canada and Mexico once each.
- I'd like to travel more, but I have trouble saving money.
- I'm a librarian, but I only shush people in movie theaters.
- I'm a sucker for romantic comedies.
- I eat my cereal dry, with a glass of
chocolate milk on
- Clip-on sunglasses are the best invention EVER. Well, almost.
- Sometimes I can multitask with the best of them, sometimes I have trouble
keeping my mind on one thing.
- I often buy flowers for myself.
- I wish someone else would buy them for me sometimes.
- Once I have no more use for a computer, I have no idea what to do with it.
- I was afraid of computers for a long time. I'm still pretty sure that one
day I'll destroy someone's life work just by being near their computer.
- I bake a mean apple pie.
- My shoe size went up when I started wearing Birks.
- I have one phobia, and I'm not telling you what it is.
- I procrastinate, and it works for me.
- Although I am both a dog and cat person, I'd probably get a cat before a
dog, just because they're so independent and don't need to be walked.
- The last time I went to a zoo was 8 or 9 years ago and I cried. I don't
intend to go to another one.
- I cried the one time I went to the SPCA too, because the dogs made me heartsick,
and because a little blind kitten bit my finger.
- Before 1997, I hardly ever wore nail polish. Since then, I have worn it
almost constantly. I don't know why.
- Things I don't like as gifts: heart-shaped or heart-decorated anything,
anything pink (unless they're flowers), or angels.
- Things I do like to receive: socks, jewelry, good perfume (Chanel, Estee
Lauder), plants, pots for the plants, candles.
- With few exceptions, history has taught me that men I'm interested in are
either 1) not interested in me, or 2) totally completely absolutely wrong
for me, or 3) both.
- Both my mother and my grandmother have exclaimed about how much grey I have
in my hair.
- I avoid gang, gangster, horror and war movies.
- The few times I've been talked into seeing any of these only served to
reinforce my desire to stay away from them.
- I am both a night and a morning person. This makes me also a tired person
most of the time.
- Although I would not have an abortion, I support the right for women to
be able to make that decision for themselves.
- Things I like to buy for myself: shoes, jewelry, cds, flowers and pillows.
- Things I don't like to buy for myself: underwear, glasses, pants, deodorant.
- I believe that alcohol brings out our true nature - you don't say or do
things when you're drunk that you don't feel, you're just more likely to do
them than at other times.
- PMS is the same way.
- I hate cell-to-cell calls. If you know I'm home, call me on my landline,
- Except for this website, I've never really had a hobby.
- I'm a packrat.
- I've moved enough in the past 10 years to overcome the worst of my pack-rattinness.
- I once lost a tooth while drinking a coke with lots of ice in it and didn't
know till I reached the piece of ice that wouldn't crunch.
- I was once so engrossed in the tv show I was watching that I poured my coke
into my popcorn instead of the salt. My mom wasn't happy about that.
- I had the hardest time making friends in public schools.
- I can remember the last time my grandma picked me up.
- I've never been back to my birthplace since we moved away when I was 6
- I think I fear commitment.
- I'm one of those people who believe they are a great driver and they have
a wonderful sense of humor. But with me, it's all true.
- Salesmen as a breed are the antithesis of me. I can't date any of them.
- Despite my theory that there are no 'bad' kissers, it's really just a matter
of compatible styles, I consider myself a good kisser.
- more as I think of it ...